Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Boy Behind the Blog

As you all begin to learn a little more about me every day, I feel it appropriate to introduce you all to one of the most important parts of my life.  He is the boy behind my inspiration and my support system who helped encourage me to start blogging about my life, advice, and the journey in which we embark on every single day.

This here is my boyfriend, Phillip.  Three years ago Phillip and I sat next to each other in our English class in our junior year of high school.  He was extremely introverted and shy.   He didn't say much but was always bashful but polite every time I spoke to him.  That year, I liked to talk and joke around with him because he was such a sweet and innocent kid.  Not many people had much to say about him, but there was something so intriguing.  I knew that he had a lot to say, I could tell.  He just didn't have anyone to say it to.  That year I had been struggling with a series of bad "relationships" and had my fair share of guys who used me and treated me like nothing.  I complained to poor Phillip almost every single day--he must have been really annoyed.  I never really thought much about our small and innocent side comments and conversations we had, but something told me that he did.  

We went on our separate ways and enjoyed the summer before our senior year.  During the summer I had befriended a girl and her boyfriend who's mission was to finally find me a date to our senior homecoming.  I had went to many homecomings dateless in previous years, but I really wanted to end this one with a boy to share it with.  After countless failed attempts, her boyfriend had suggested the shy Phillip.  They were good friends and he knew he was a great guy with good intentions.  I was a bit hesitant because all I knew of him was our English class and that he enjoyed video games.  But, alas, I had nothing to lose.  So then began a series of double dates.  First to iHop, then to Cedar Point's Halloweekends.  This was a big deal because there were haunted houses--terrifying.  Luckily Phillip protected me, and when our hands touched, I knew there was no turning back.   He showed up at my house a week later with a bouquet of roses and asked me to homecoming.  Days after our magical evening, he asked me to be his.

Now, two years later, we are still growing strong in our love.  It has been an adjustment since we started dating during our senior year.  We had to decide if it was worth it to continue our journey or if we should go our separate ways for college.  We'd be three hours apart and neither of us with a car to have on campus.  I was in way too deep.  I couldn't leave him.  I would have rather been miles and hours apart than live one day without him.  It's been quite the journey through the long distance.  We have grown together and as individuals.  We have grown into an adult and mature relationship and have high hopes, plans, and expectations for our future. 

This guy right here is my absolute rock.  Without his love, motivation, and support, I don't know where I would be.  We have our good days and our bad.  It can be a challenge at times but there is no doubt in my mind that it is worth it all.  I'm so thankful to have him as my boyfriend and life's biggest fan. So, here's to the boy behind this blog, behind it all, and the boy who gives me to motivation to be the best possible version of myself I could possibly be.  I love you.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment