Sunday, December 28, 2014

How I Became a Morning Person


Good Morning fellow readers!

It's a beautiful Sunday morning today in Ohio!  The craziness of Christmas has surpassed and it's a perfect time to relax, with a cup of coffee of course, and snuggle up with that blanket and enjoy the morning!

It's amazing to see how just two short years ago I would start my day by sleeping in past noon and missing half of my day.  Homework would be left to the last possible minute and even considering throwing in that load of laundry was a dying thought.  After taking many early bird classes the past few semesters, I have come to appreciate the art of waking up early.  




My internal alarm clock does not consist of sleeping in anymore.  College has helped shape me into a girl with a routine.  Every morning consists of waking up typically an hour and a half to two hours before class or any other commitments.  This may seem outlandish to those who roll out of bed in last night's clothes and barely run a comb through their hair, but trust me, once you start this routine it really is the best for you.  I begin with the morning cup of joe-if this doesn't happen I cannot function through the day.  I like to take my time in the morning and allow myself to really wake up.  I first brew my coffee and take a few moments to sit down and really enjoy it.  It helps refresh me and wake me up.  Then begins my makeup and hair routine.  I believe there is something to be said about someone who looks put together, which is why I try hard to look my best every day.  It helps me focus in class and throughout the day.  It also helps my professors and others take me seriously.  I pick out all of my outfits the night before.  This way there is no struggle of staring at my closet for a half hour trying to decide what shoes will go with that and does this color scarf match my new sweater.  I give myself plenty of time to choose that the night before, that way I go into the morning with a plan! 

I think that this routine and the planning that consists of my schedule in the morning really keeps me on track.  I have plenty of time to put myself together and prepare for the day.  Those few extra moments I have to enjoy my morning and be with myself is my favorite part of the day.  Now, I look forward to the morning as a fresh start and not something that ruined my night's sleep like I used to before.  

So, I highly suggest creating your own routine that works for you.  Spend some time with yourself in the morning.  Bask in the sunrise and enjoy your tea or cereal.  Before you know it, you might become a morning person too.

Enjoy your Sunday funday!

No comments:

Post a Comment