Saturday, December 27, 2014

Winter Break

Winter break is the reward in college.  We spend 15 weeks working tirelessly, pulling all nighters, memorizing things we'll forget the minute we turn in our exam and draining caffeine like an IV in your vain.  Winter break is all we have to look forward to.

Now we're home and the excitement of Christmas has passed.  Presents have been delivered and holiday cheer has been spread.  As post Christmas depression sets in, you start to realize-what now?  

Some work over break in order to feed themselves at school. This year, I didn't take the same approach.  Luckily, I was blessed with an on campus job and decided to actually take a break. There are only so many episodes you can binge watch on Netflix.   There is only so many days you can go without changing out of your pajamas.  And there's only so many times you can go out to eat at your favorite restaurant at home before it becomes...boring. 

I rarely appreciate what is given to me at school.  As I sit home alone all day, feeling like a sluggish bum, I don't know what to do with myself.  I often feel like I have no motivation to do anything and I don't like that.  This break has reminded me of those restless nights, those late night snacks with my roommate, and those nights with your best friends at school where you make lasting memories.  As I sit here, far away from them all, I realize how blessed I am to be receiving the education and experience that college has given me.  

So, as you sit there reading this in your pajamas, flipping between channels, remember how lucky you are to be at college and to be where you are at home.  The memories you create with your family and while you are away makes you one blessed individual!

Have a splendid Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment