Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014: A Year in Review

As we spend our last days in the year of 2014 I am happy to say that this year is truly one for the books.  There are so many things I have to be happy for, to be proud of, to be thankful for, and to smile about.  I truly am blessed and am thankful for another year of good tidings and health.  At the beginning of this year, I was able to meet five other truly amazing girls who have hearts of pure gold and live life to the fullest.  Each one of them inspires me every day.  I was blessed enough to have finished my first year of college and it was through the support of my lovely best friend and my darling roommate who helped me on those nights when the workload was too heavy and the distance was too much.  This year I was also able to experience three wonderful vacations.  My parents, brother and I spent a week in Orlando, Florida exploring the magic that is Disney World.  I then was fortunate enough to go to Hilton Head Island for the first time ever with my boyfriend, Phil, and his dear family.  In July, I went with almost my entire family and my best friend to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee where we lived in a beautiful log cabin for a week.  My summer consisted of these travels as well as working at my dad’s business, which I was lucky enough to have been employed at. 



I began the fall semester of my sophomore year with open eyes and excitement to be reunited with all of my girlfriends and dive into my classes.  This semester I was also employed at our Center for Writing and Oral Communication (CWOC) where I tutor students in writing as well as speeches and group presentations by appointment.  This semester was definitely my favorite as I really was graced with experience in my field of early childhood education.  I was able to make great relationships with my professors, learn a great deal about my field, and tutor first grade and third grade students in reading as well as do weekly classroom observations.  After many hours spent at the library, and many Carmel Macchiatos for motivation, I was able to end the semester with a 4.0.  I am unbelievably proud of the accomplishments I have made in 2014 and in my growth as an individual and adult.  I’m really looking forward to what 2015 will bring me and what God has in store for me. 


I hope everyone spends the last day of 2014 with their close family and friends and has an amazing time ringing in the New Year! Bring it 2015!!



XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment