Saturday, January 3, 2015

Brunettes & Blondes with Unbreakable Bonds

Last night I was reunited with my three best friends.  I enjoyed a lovely dinner, great spirits, and frozen yogurt with my soul sisters.  Winter break has separated us and we've all been busy at home working, or with our families or just relaxing.  It's been hard to find time to get everyone together for gift exchanging and celebrating the holidays.  Luckily, we all took time to meet up for a burger, some sweets, and plenty of laughter.  

Since I have yet to introduce you to these girls, and they will probably consume a good chunk of my blog (since we're always together), I'll tell you a little bit about them.  I'm really excited to say that next year we will be getting an apartment together which means I get to live with all of my best friends! This group consists of myself, Megan, Sam, and Annissa. They always say, make new friends and keep the old-which is exactly what this group consists of.  

Megan and I have known each other since second grade.  Now, admittedly, we didn't get along right off the bat.  We were constantly competing for the attention of another girl who we both thought was our best friend-and when you're in second grade, it's kind of traumatic.  So it took many years, tears, and fighting but eventually Megan and I grew closer and were left just the two of us.  Ever since, we've been best friends and inseparable.  We have traveled on many road trips, seen dozens of bands and artists in concert and have adventured in the magical land of Disney World together.  I never thought we'd be lucky enough to experience college together, but lone behold, she lives down the hall from me and we are as close as ever. 

Sam and I have gone to school together since middle school, but we never really talked until about sophomore year of high school. We sat next to each other in a Parenting class and worked on all of the projects and what not together.  We became closer through that and when I joined the golf team she was on, my junior year.  Despite my lack of golf skills, I still enjoyed being on a team of great girls.  Sam and I always had a strong connection.  When I found out she was looking at Mount Union, I was extremely excited.  Our Starbucks study date turned into a promise.  We promised that if we both chose that school we would room together.  Here we are now, roommates for two years and I truly am blessed and thankful we have grown even closer and I don't know what I'd do without this girl.

As I kept my old friends, I was lucky enough to meet someone new.  I walked into my Intro to Early Childhood class, without knowing that I would quickly become best of friends with the girl who sat across from me.  We engaged in casual conversation and I invited her to some movie nights.  Before you know it, you would swear we were attached at the hip.  I introduced her to Megan and Sam and the four of us became inseparable.  We are never seen without one another.  Whether it's in class, or dinner, or working tirelessly in our library on homework.  I believe everything happens for a reason and college has brought me to meet one of the strongest, hilarious, fun-loving, and genuine girls I have ever met.

Putting us all together is pure magic.  Our laughter can light an entire room and every time we are together we build a bigger bond.  Without the love and support of each of these girls, I wouldn't survive college or be the girl I am today.  Starting this year off with your best friends is truly the best way to kick off an incredible year. 

"Here's to the nights that turned into mornings, and the friends that turned into family."

No comments:

Post a Comment