Monday, January 12, 2015

Springing into a New Semester

Well, today has finally come! I have pretty much dreaded this day for about a month.  No more hiding my nose in my book, or binge watching "How to Get Away with Murder", no more days spent in my snuggie or sleeping in.  Today means work.

Yesterday I returned to school after spending a wonderful weekend in Nashville with my dad.  We got to eat some really good southern grub, hit up the outlet malls, and see Sam Smith perform live at the Grand Ole Opry.  Driving nine hours back to school the next day, was not quite as fun.  The unpacking commenced and it was time to decide what would stay and what would go in my wardrobe.  After three hours of a cluttered mess and reconnecting with my rooomie and friends, it was sinking in that my alarm would go off at 7 am the next morning. Oh geez.

I woke up with surprisingly, brilliant enthusiasm.  Yesterday was in the past and today I started my spring semester.  I am really looking forward to the opportunities I think this will bring.  I just finished my first class, which went smoothly, and I'm looking forward to my other classes (well...minus astronomy).  

I think it's all in the way one thinks.  I tried to avoid coming back to school and getting into a routine, but although I may still sulk for a little bit, everything eventually falls back into place.  The 2015 goals are kick started in high gear.  The planning and homework will begin and the nights in the library will be endless, but I'm ready to make this semester as amazing as last one and focus on myself, school, and spending time with the loved ones that surround me.

No comments:

Post a Comment